Warnings Signs of a Broken Septic System
Is there a problem with your septic system? Read these warning signs:
- Do you experience slowing or backed up flushing of toilets, showers, washtubs, etc., in your home?
- Is there discoloured water coming up from the basement tub or the lowest point in your house?
- Has it been more than 2 years since the system was serviced by a licensed sewage hauler?
- Are there wet, brown and spongy spots on your lawn where the septic field is located? Or oozing of discoloured liquid at end of drain bed or ditch?
- Is there an odour in your basement or around the septic field?
- Has the septic system had construction take place over top of it? (Ex. pools, hot tubs, gardens, tree growth or anything that could interfere with the septic system)
If you answered yes to any of these questions, now would be a good time to give us a call to schedule an appointment to have your system serviced and inspected. Taking care of issues or just regular maintenance is much easier and more cost-efficient between April through November than it is to deal with issues when we are in the middle of another New Brunswick winter!